Sunday, July 15, 2018

Shaker Jellies

Hello All!

We are into the dog days of summer here; makes me want to head to the beach!  The newly released Technique Junkies beach/sea themed stamps will have to do!  They are 10% off with code TJ10LeeAnn (actually, you can get 10% off your entire cart with the code).
Today I am sharing a super fun card using the new Jellyfish Stamp by Rita Barakat.  If you know me, you know I am not huge into cutesy stamps, so when I saw these Jellies without smiley faces, I knew I had to have them!


I stamped the jellies multiple times, using masking for some.  I colored them in partially with a Arteza watercolor brush.  I needed a background for my shaker card, so I used the Marble Swirl background stamp for this, stamping tone on tone.  I think the new Tidepool Background Stamp would work well for this as well.
To create my shaker space, I fussy cut around all of the jellyfish tentacles.  I know, I know, but I LOVE fussy cutting and I find it relaxing.  Besides, it does not have to be perfect, especially with the underwater scene.  The sentiment, Hang in There was then stamped over the jellies, and the card was assembled.  Using my MISTI gave me perfect placement of the sentiment.


I love all of the sparkley goodness in the shaker!
I hope I have inspired you to stamp, or maybe even make a shaker card!
Have a fabulous and crafty week!

Lee Ann
www.greytpapercrafts.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That color combination really POPS! Bee L.