Saturday, December 22, 2018

I Saw Three Ships


Finally, the weekend is here! It's Janelle today with a holiday theme card using an everyday stamp set! I had this beautiful thought while preparing for today's project, and I'll tell you about it but here's some information you'll want to know!

Yesterday, Pat shared a beautiful background idea using glitter tape, and she has a few rolls in supply on the Technique Junkies website! Check out her post for details!

Shop with code TJ10Janelle
at checkout for 10% off! 
Have fun holiday shopping!

Now to my short story... After working together on a carpentry project and dinner together, our family was unwinding in the living room by singing Christmas carols while we each were glued to our electronic devices. What a sight, right? But it was a good memory as my oldest child was leading us through several songs. With all those carols popping up in my head as I began to create I came across this any occasion stamp set, and there I Saw Three Ships, another caroling song, as inspiration for my card!

Enjoy The Ride


I used Enjoy the Ride stamp set for the three sailing ships masking one to stamp for a farther distant ship in the center. Then it was all just layers of watercolors. I could have easily used chalks or markers for quicker coloring, but I liked the free flow of the watercolor style. Use Ken Oliver Color Bursts Brights Set in a palette tray, they are so vibrant used that way!


Do you spot that beautiful envelope flap? I found the Flower Trio stamp to be the perfect size for my square flap envelope! It's stamped in blue to match my card which I think makes the giving even more delightful! 

Flower Trio

I have other ideas for this stamp so stay tuned to my blog in the new year for more ideas! That's all from me today! 

Remember to shop with code TJ10Janelle
for 10% off your purchase today!

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Absolutely fabulous!!!