Wednesday, January 9, 2019

JE T'AIME

And speaking of love, I am IN LOVE with these two new stamp sets released this month. Collage Eiffel (S786) and French Sentiments (SS103) are just so merveilleux (wonderful) and go so well together. And who doesn't love shaker cards (one of my favorites!)?


Shaker cards are not difficult...just a little time-consuming. But oh so worth it! Basically, I stamped the image on white CS using Memento Ink (London Fog). Using Angel Pink and New Sprout Memento Ink and a sponge dauber, I added some subtle color to the panel. I sprayed another piece of CS using Shimmering Bliss in Festive Flamingo and Thulian Pink. I then used two rectangle dies to create frame from the sprayed piece.  After attaching a piece of acetate to the back of the panel, I set it aside and worked on the "well" for the shaker elements.

Using foam adhesive, I trimmed pieces to snuggly fit the perimeter of the stamped piece of CS. You always want to make sure your corners are flush so no "sparkle" falls out. I added the hearts, then attached the framed acetate to the top. That panel was then attached to an A2 card base that had also been sprayed with Festive Flamingo and Thulian Pink.


I then stamped the sentiment using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, trimmed the piece down, and sprayed with the Shimmering Bliss. That piece was then attached to the card front with foam adhesive.


I love the combination of the glistening bright colors of the card and subtle colors of the background, and all those fun shaker bits!

Here are the images of the stamp sets used:

COLLAGE EIFFEL (S786)
FRENCH SENTIMENTS (SS103)
In case you missed them, check out Technique Junkies for all the new releases...I'll bet you'll find something magnifique! There are also some great Shimmering Bliss and Stamp Bundles. And don't forget to enter my special code (below) to save 10% on many of your items!

Hope you enjoyed my project today and felt a little "Ooh La La!"  

Til next time,
Keepin' It Inky!





No comments: