Sunday, April 14, 2019

Easter Bunnies...celebrating Spring


Easter is just around the corner! Nothing celebrates the sweet renewal feel of the season like this Spring Bunny.  I love this little guy! I just adore his realistic look, and the tulip he is paired with can be colored in many ways, making it a very versatile stamp. 

I colored him with Copic markers, and I chose to make my tulip a strong red to make it really stamp out. After coloring, I cut him out, then placed my bunny over a panel stamped with Happy Easter and matted that to match red of my tulip. 

When searching for a background, I thought the Sketched Tulip stamp was just perfect, so I stamped it in green, in alternating directions, using my MISTI to line up the stamp perfectly on the background. I wanted a springtime, sketchy-flower feel, and I think this stamp truly did the trick.

This season, I am fortunate to have booth my boys home for the Easter holiday --  one of the many blessings I have to keep my heart full.

I hope your springtime season is happy, full of blooms and renewal!
Pat Huntoon

1 comment:

Helen said...

Pat, I like the way you've used this tulip stamp as a background your your bunny with the tulip. The red tulip just pops with this design. tfs