Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Beautiful Hydrangeas

Hello all, Kia back with you today.
I wanted to watercolour this beautiful Hydrangea image for my post today, and decided I would use my watercolour palette.


 I started by stamping the image using my mini Misti and Ranger Archival ink in Jet Black on watercolour paper. 

My personal watercolour palette holds a mix of different brands. I pick my choices by the colour, not the brand, so I have Winsor Newton, Schmincke, DaVinci and Daniel Smith. 

The leaves are done using Sch Cad Yellow Lt, WN Sap Green, Sch May Green and DS Green Apatite. For the soil I used WN Raw Sienna and Burnt Umber. The flowers are done using DS Lemon Yellow, touches of DaVinci Leaf Green and DS Quinacridone Pink. I finished up by adding a bit of Nuvo Shimmer Midas Touch to the flowers.
I had a nice lazy couple of hours painting this. I have several layers of watercolour, and I like to let the paint dry naturally, so it takes some time. To finish I added my panel to a green card base matted with black, then using the Life is Beautiful stamp I heat embossed using white embossing powder in black card stock. I attached it to the card front using foam squares. 

Thank you for joining me today.

No comments: