Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Best Things - Outside the Die

Hello, fellow crafters! It's Ro here today to share a card using one of the new releases: Best Things In Life. This stamp seems to be a favorite of the Design Team, and I'll bet it's one of your favorites too.

I wanted to do something a little out of the box, so I decided to do a little twist on die cutting.  But first, here's the card I created:


As you can see, the left part of the stamp is outside of the die. This is easier than it looks. Simply lay your die over the stamped area and lightly draw a pencil line on the inside of the section you want to be outside the die, then trim that portion until you reach your line. You can see here how I laid it out.


Then just run it through your die cutter and you have something a little outside the box...literally!

Next I wanted to use my chalk pastels. I've had these for so long and they just needed some love. So I grabbed some cotton swabs and added color to selected areas of my stamped image.



And finally, I really wanted those words to shine, so I used my Kaisercraft Gel Pens to highlight the words I had previously chalked.

I selected metallic colors that were similar to the chalk color and I love the way it turned out.

I just added a piece of map cardstock to my A2 card base, and attached my die cut on top.


If you like the TJ Products I've used, you can save a cool 10% on them by adding my special code at checkout:


Hope I gave you some ideas on different looks for your cards. Thanks for visiting!

Til next time,
Keepin' it inky!






1 comment:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Such a nice card, Ro. Love the old-skool stuff, it can still rock! lol xoxo