Wednesday, July 8, 2020

It's Slimline Card Time!

Slimline cards have been all the rage lately and I couldn't wait to jump on the bandwagon. I have a fun creation for you highlighting a new stamp set and an older one, both of which I've done a little surgery on.  See what you think...

Here is a closeup so you can see the detail in this stamp...

These are the stamp sets I used (and dissected just a little). You could always get the same effect with masking if you are uncomfortable cutting apart your stamps.

DANDELIONS IN THE WIND (S866)
WEED OR WISH (SD694)

If you haven't tried a slimline card, they are super easy. And it's nice to see something a little different from the norm. You start with a letter size (8.5" x 11") piece of cardstock. Cut it at 7" and score at 3.5". I trimmed down the leftover panel and used that to stamp my images on and add a little dimension. I used embossing powders to get the dimensional stamping. The edge of the stamped panel was coated with Versamark and embossed as well.

Today is the last day to get the great discount deal on the newly released stamps. (If you would like to see them, click HERE.)  The 15% off will automatically be calculated at checkout. If you would like to save an additional 10%, simply enter the code below:
There is even a deal on the "Gotta Have It All Bundle", in case you want the whole release!

I hope you are inspired to try one of these slimline cards. Would love to see what you come up with!

Til next time,
Keepin' it inky




1 comment:

Helen said...

Lovely embossed card, Ro. I have that dandelion stamp with the sentiment. You've given me another fine way to use it. tfs-stay well.