Sunday, October 18, 2020

Winter Wonderland/Christmas Star

 

Hello, friends.  Lynda Joy here to bring you today's Technique Junkies blog post.  My card features the Shining Stars stencil from the October release.
 
Technique Junkies Stamps/Stencil:
 
How I made it:
  • On a white card stock panel, I placed the Shining Star Stencil and added gold ColorBox pigment ink through a large star.  I was careful to tape off the other openings in the stencil so the ink didn't go through those to the panel.  I added gold embossing powder and heated it.
  • I inked a background around the star with blue distress inks, being darker around the edges, to very light where I wanted the focus on the star. 
  • With green distress ink, I stamped the Fir Forest , repeating and moving the stamp up and over a bit without reinking to give the appearance of receeding trees behind the row.  I added this panel to a blue A2 card front.
  • I added the verse from the Gifts of Christmas Set of 5 on a scrap, and added it to the card.

That's it.  I hope you like it, and hope you've enjoyed this release.  I am loving the stencils that complement the stamps and enhance our cards.  

Thanks so much for visiting.  I have another card using the same Fir Forest trees, and a verse from another new TJ stamp set, Oh Christmas Tree Set of 4
 
Full directions for this card, along with details are on my blog, PaperArtsCafe today.  You can find it HERE. 
 
Don't forget to use my code, TJ10Lynda, for 10% off your entire TJ order.
 
Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings,

Lynda Joy

1 comment:

Helen said...

Beautiful cards, Lynda. Your designs always inspire me. tfs-stay well.