Sunday, December 27, 2020

Create Joy


Greetings!  Lynda Joy here, with the blog post for today.  My card features one of my favorite collage stamps in the TJ line, and one of my favorite background techniques.

TJ Stamps Links:
 
How I made my card:
  • I created a background on coated card stock, using a rainbow stamp
    pad and an acrylic brayer.  To do this, I ran the acrylic brayer along the stamp pad several times to really coat it with ink, then ran it onto the paper panel several times.  
  • I repeated until I achieved the desired effects.  Because the brayer is acrylic, not rubber, it skips and drags in spots along the panel, which creates the unique look of the background.  The paper is coated and very smooth and similar to photo paper, without the shine.  Paper is key to this technique.  I have done it with glossy paper, and the look is similar, but with a high gloss finish.
  • I black embossed the Big Butterfly Collage onto the background panel, then attached it to an A2 card front.
  • On a small scrap of the panel, I black embossed the Create Joy  verse, and added that to the card with foam tape.
When I create backgrounds with a specific technique, I usually like to create several, since I have all the supplies out.  That way, when I need a card, I can just use one of the pre-made backgrounds, and stamp on it.  It makes for an easy, quick card.  And these collage stamps are perfect for this technique.
 
Thanks so much for visiting.  See you on Friday with the January release
samples.  Here's my code, TJ10Lynda for a 10% discount at the TJ store.
 
Blessings,
 

1 comment:

Helen said...

Lynda, this card is so lovely. Thanks for sharing your background technique. Have this stamp so I look forward to trying a similar background. tfs-stay well.