Saturday, October 23, 2021

Have a Groovy Christmas and Blog Candy


 

What a fun card for you today!  I combined the newly released Mid-Century Sparkle Background with the sentiment from Groovy Christmas.  Instructions for making this card are below.  I recently made a YouTube video on creating a background (as seen with the sentiment above).  To view my video please visit my Color Burst video.

We're only two months away from Christmas Eve, and my envelopes for all of my 50+ Christmas cards are decorated and addressed.  I get too stressed with this part of Christmas cards, that this year I decided to do it sooner, at a leisurely pace.  Usually I'm frantic, keeping my envelopes undecorated and the address just gets slapped on.  What camp are you in?  Let me know.  I will pick out a random winner to win this card and five pre-made Color Burst backgrounds as seen behind the Have a Groovy Christmas. Comments to my blog candy will be added to the list of names on my blog.

Directions for making my Groovy Christmas card

  • Cut cardstock to 4 x 5 1/4" and mat as desired
  • Place your Mid-Century Sparkle Background into your Misti
  • Using retro-feeling colours of watercolour markers, colour your background--one image at a time.  Once you colour an image stamp it out onto your cardstock.  Repeat if you want a darker image
  • Continue the above step until your background is completely covered
  • Using a Color Burst background (or other groovy background paper) rub embossing buddy over the background where you will heat emboss
  • Stamp out your sentiment with VersaMark
  • Sprinkle with white embossing powder and heat set
  • Mat sentiment
  • Using pop dots, adhere to your sentiment and centre it onto your Mid-Centruy Sparkle Background

Want to see what YouTube videos I made? View on my blog under My YouTube Videos

 

 

 

1 comment:

Bonnie Lynn said...

Love this card! I work on Christmas cards all year so I'm not stressed when the holidays come around.