Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Bandana is here again!

Hello stampers!
Here is Hetty again with a technique from the past.
Didn't we all love the Bandana technique way back in August/September 2008?
I haven't seen it for a long time, so I got out my distress inks and my white gel pen. Especially now with all the new colors in destress inks it is a pleasure to work with these again. The white gel pen is great to use for accents, dots and lines. It gives the card something extra. All images you see are by Firecracker Designs by Pamela. But really any image can be used for this technique. If you don't like spongued backgrounds, if you more of a neat type of person, how about this bandana mandala card? Use the distress inks to color your stamped images with a small sponge or as I do, I love using those fantastix ( a reusable applicator by Tsukineko) and than use the gel pen for accents.

Happy Crafting,
Hetty Sanders
The Netherlands


13 comments:

Evelyn S. said...

Great cards, Hetty! I laughed out loud at the first sentiment!!! I do love the bandana technique....must try it again soon.

Shelly Hickox said...

One of my all time favorites. Your cards are both fantastic Hetty!

slbt17 said...

beautiful Hetty - you are amazing!
Sandra

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wowza. Awesome work Hetty! Can't believe the technique has been around that long. How time flies!

Orion Designs said...

Gorgeous cards Hetty!

Unknown said...

Very stunning card - thanks for the info on what kind of gel pen you use. I need to get a good white one.

KathyR said...

Both cards are gorgeous, Hetty :-)
KathyR

Ursula said...

FABULOSO, Hetty!! You always do such smokin' hot work!! Love them both! :o)

Ann said...

Awesome, Hetty......I DO love that technique and will have to unclog my pen to do it again!

FireCracker082 said...

wow!! Hetty these are just fantastic!! WONDERFUL work gf! Bandanna tech, is one of my favs!

Lynn Stevens said...

hehehe , that sentiment is just too funny! great cards

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your cards Hetty- beautiful colors- love the flowers!

Linda Carson said...

Most EXCELLENT artwork Hetty!