Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Long Awaited Princess by Jane Bosi


Today I am sharing a very special card--a card for my brand new neice! You can read the whole story here, if you are so inclined!
I've used three different techniques---one of my very favorite and often used, Paper Piecing. I love the attention to detail and stress relief this technique affords me!
For the background piece, I finally had a chance to try Glassy Embossing (Feb/March 2010). The true beauty of this technique is completely lost in a scanner! If you haven't given this easy and dynamic technique a try--do it today! You will completely love the results.
Finally, I completed the image piece with the Whisped Frames technique (Feb/March 2010). I really wanted to pull more of the pink (it being a baby card and all!) tones from the background paper--Whisped Frames was the perfect way to do so!
I hope you're feeling inspired!!
TTFN, Jane

4 comments:

slbt17 said...

Jane, this is beautiful!
Nice job!
Sandra

Niki said...

congrats on a new niece. This card is gorgeous!

Nancy S said...

What a wonderfully elegant card! And the background is truly stunning. I love the colors and the way you tied together the kimono and the bkgrd. Tfs!!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Jane, your card is so adorable. Congratulations on your new niece.