Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Stencil Rings & Eat Cake

I thought the new Stencil Rings Stamp would be perfect to try with my new Vicky Boutin Art Crayons.  

Remember, if you want to add any of these Technique Junkies stamps to your collection, use my discount code TJ10Stephanie at checkout for 10% off your purchase.





I used my MISTI and colored the stamp the first time with various shades of blue and stamped it on watercolor paper (if you don't have these crayons, the technique will also work with Gelatos and Markers).  I overlapped the coloring to get a nice blend.



I misted the stamp with water and then stamped.  I did a second misting since there was still a lot of color on the stamp, and stamped a second time.


Love the fun water-colory look.  I paired my background with the super-fun to Inside Out Live Forever (Set of 10) stamp set.  The other background is made by sprinkling Color Burst Powders on watercolor paper and spraying with water (you can get the full Color Burst Collection in the Technique Junkies store & use my coupon for a discount).


I also thought the Inside Out Live Forever Sentiment paired perfectly with the fun Birthday Cat who looks like he's taken this pair of sentiments to heart.


I stamped the second sentiment on the inside of the card together with a strip of the Color Burst painted paper.

For my second card, I used the green crayons with the same Stencil Rings Stamp, again overlapping my coloring for blending.



A few spritzes of water and stamped it using my MISTI.


Even though the Inside Out Live Forever stamps are made to go on the outside & inside of the card, I also think they work well to include both sentiments on the front like I did with this design.


I stamped the tequila glass from Technique Junkies Call the Girls and trimmed it to use as the embellishment on my design.  I used a light green marker to color the lime.


Remember, share your creations using Technique Junkies products in our Technique Junkies Facebook Group.

Stephanie Severin

1 comment:

Beth Norman said...

Pretty cool Stephanie. Love the results. Excellent tutorial.