Friday, August 30, 2019

TJ Inkspirations: Ink Blended Stenciled Backgrounds

First, I must apologize. You haven't heard from me for a few weeks, and my absence is both professional and personal.  From a professional standpoint, the video editing program I have been using suddenly died on me, without hope of recovery, forcing me to learn a new editing program that is more complicated. The good news is that the videos will (should) be better as I master the program in the next few months! 

From a personal standpoint, I have traveled every weekend in August (only once for personal reasons, the rest were trade shows) and the remainder of my time in the office has been overwhelmingly hectic. I promise to make up for it!  I have already filmed tutorials for most of September and I am prepping them all for future publication. 

Before I get to the video and artwork, I would like to mention that Sunday is September 1st - meaning that we will have 15 new stamps for you.  Wait until you see these! I have a couple in this next release that are my favorite stamps so far...stay tuned for Sunday. You will receive another email from me reminding you of the release celebration (and the discount) Sunday (9/1) morning.

Today's video shows you how to use the Ink Blending Brushes with IZINK Dye InksPixie Spray and a Stencil to create a multicolored, blended background.
The finished piece I did for the video is below, plus I have included an additional project that uses the technique with one of the new stamps available September 1st. 

Live in Color
Peacock Feather Stencil
And the Sneak Preview (stamp available September 1):
 

Ready for the video?
Ink Blended Stenciled Backgrounds
Ink Blended Stenciled Backgrounds


About today's products:

Pixie Spray is a light-tack stencil adhesive that will change the way you create with stencils. You can create beautiful, crisp stencil projects without painter's tape.
Pixie Spray



The 2" x 2" Aladine IZINK Ink Pads are lovely little inks have a beautiful foam pad, and at $2.99 they are priced right, too.  All of the inks are available individually, of course, but if you are a get-it-all kind of person, you might want all 20 of the inks for just $49.99 - 15% off!

Aladine IZINK Dye Inks
 I blend these inks with Ink Blending Brushes in the video - also new to the TJ Store. They are, by far, the easiest and best way I have ever blended ink. We have the orignal black handled brushes ($24.95), and now we have pretty Rose Gold Handles ($27.95 - 'cause sometimes we just need pretty things!), too!
Black Handle Ink Blending Brushes
Rose Gold Ink Blending Brushes

I hope you are inkspired by today's issue. See you next week!
 
Sincerely,
 

Pat Huntoon
Technique Junkies LLC 

No comments: