Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Oh, Christmas Tree!

It's never too soon to start your Christmas cards. And this month's release will surely inspire you! I've been enjoying making some cards with a few of the new ones, plus an OBG (oldie but goodie). Here is my card with all it's layered glory!

I created the background first by stamping Snow Covered Pines with black ink onto two pieces of white cardstock. I used the MISTI so I could stamp it multiple times onto each piece which gave me a full, rich sky. I trimmed down one of the images and attached it to my black A2 card base. I added a few "twinkly" stars with the Nuvo Glitter Gloss Aqua Pen.

The second image I had stamped was trimmed down even more...I removed the entire sky above the trees! The width and bottom were trimmed to the same size as the base image. Using foam tape, I attached that layer to the base image then added some beautiful shimmer to the trees with the Aqua Pen. It's hard to capture in this photo, but the shine on the trees and stars is really stunning IRL.

I stamped the sentiment from the set Oh Christmas Tree. This set includes four sentiments, one of which I used on the inside of the card as well. Here is what that set includes:

I love the different fonts and variety of sentiments in this set. Once I stamped my chosen sentiment, I trimmed it down and added a black mat to it. That was then attached with more foam tape to create three layers on this card. Here you can see the dimension:


For the inside of the card, I used another sentiment from the Oh Christmas Tree set, plus the Dotted Merry Christmas. I just stamped both of those onto white cardstock, then added a couple of  "stamped off" (stamp once onto scratch paper first, then onto your card base) images using a tree from the Christmas Trees set of 6. This one is the OBG which I find myself using time and again on my Christmas Cards (Love using them to decorate the envelopes!). Here is the completed inside:


I love the simple beauty of this card. While I probably won't do multiples with all the layers, this card would be easily mass-produced using a single layer of the trees.

I hope this gives you a little inspiration to work on your Christmas Cards. If you like these stamps (there's even a special deal on the entire new release for the "Gotta Have It All" folks!!!), you can save an extra 10% off your order by entering my special code below at checkout.

Til next time,
Keepin' it inky!









1 comment:

Helen said...

Such a lovely card, Ro. Like the extra touch on the inside. tfs-stay well.