Thursday, May 25, 2023

Safari Santa


YES! A Christmas card in May!


Hello! AJ here and I’m thrilled to be joining the Crafty Elves this month, as a guest elf. Our mission is to make a Christmas card (or two) every month to be ready when it’s time to mail out the holiday cards!

I created a slimline card featuring Technique Junkies Safari Santa stamp. Isn’t that giraffe with the Santa hat sweet? This card is colorful, quick to color, and even faster to put together. 

I made a slimline base: White card stock 7 inches x 9 1/4  score the 7 inch side at 3.75

I stamped Safari Santa with Archival Black ink. Colored hat and face with Tombow markers, cut out. This stamp has its own black border so it is ready to go!

I matted the stamped image onto holiday paper that has a green and red print. The piece wasn’t long enough to extend across the card so I used small red scraps on each end to extend it to a 9 inch length and 3 1/2 inch tall piece. If your holiday paper is long enough you can skip the red pieces.

7 Snowflakes:  I have a snowflake paper punch so I used that to make snowflakes. If you don’t have one you could use a snowflake stamp and heat emboss in white or purchase snowflake stickers. (Hey, maybe white flowers would work? There are white poinsettias, right?)

And because I wanted more pops of white I dug around in my stash and found a few white enamel dots to add here and there.  If you don’t have those try these ideas instead…sequins, gems, or a pencil eraser dipped in white ink (or paint) to make white dots. Get creative!

I hope this inspired you to make a few holiday cards early. I think I’ll make a few more while I’m in the mood. And to see more Crafty Elves Creations check these out…





You can click on the links below if you'd like to take a look at the stamps online.  Be sure to use code TJ10AJ to save 10% if you decide to shop.

Thanks for stopping by! 
AJ










2 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

Great card for your holiday stash! I love the Safari Santa image and the pretty snowflakes!

Lisa said...

This is adorable! So happy you could join us!