Wednesday, April 17, 2024


Hello Crafty Friends,


Today I'm featuring two of the April 15, 2024 stamps -   Advice from a Wildflower and Wildflower-Corner.  This corner stamp is especially gorgeous and it would be perfect to use to create personal stationery, decorate envelopes and could be used for so many card themes (just a note, birthday, thinking of you, sympathy).

                       
Materials you'll need:

- Watercolor paper (if you don't use this type of paper simply grab a piece of light blue/teal piece of card stock and skip the "creating a wash" steps)
- Wide paintbrush and ink of your choice. I used a peacock color.
- Small dish of water
- Card base and 5.5 x 4.25 teal piece of card stock 
- String, thread, or yarn plus gem dots (optional)
- Adhesive
- Gray ink pad and black ink pad
- Optional - foam

I created a wash background first. To create a wash background I use my brush and paint water across the area I want to add color to. Next I like to put a little ink on a plate or glass surface then spray it with water. I want just a hint of color. Dab the brush in it then go back and forth across the water color paper. You can set that aside to dry or use a heat tool. Be sure it is completely dry before stamping on it.  

Using a stamping platform I stamped the Wildflower corner along the right side using gray ink.  I didn't stamp it all the way to the right because I knew I needed some room to tear around the border. 

Next I stamped Advice from a Wildflower using black ink.

Now the fun part - tear around the perimeter tearing the paper towards you.  There's no magic to this - just slowly tear the paper all the way around.  If you need to tear off a little more here and there - go for it.  

Grab your scrap string and wrap around the lower portion a few times and tape it in the back so the string doesn't move.  I used two kinds of string because the first string was too light so I added some thick thread.

Let's put it all together...
You can add a large piece of foam to the back of the water color paper if you'd like to lift it up or simply adhere to the teal card stock then glue the teal piece to your card base.  Add gems.

What are you going to add to the inside?  I decided to leave mine blank, but sometimes I'll add something when I get ready to use it. 

This release is filled with a wide variety of stamps that will work beautifully with other stamps you already have.  Take a look techniquejunkies.com/april-2024-gotta-have-it-all/.  If you are leaning towards buying the entire release remember you can save $31.83 off the price of $127.55 by purchasing the Gotta Have it ALL bundle. 

Everything else is 10% Off when you use my design team code (TJ10AJ) so...you might want to write it down in case you decide to go shopping another day.

Oh...one more thing.  If you like the "Advice from..." stamp -  Technique Junkies carries other ones too and you can find them here.

Have fun stamping!

AJ
Art Cards with AJ

                                                          





No comments: