Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Wedding Scribble Roses

This weekend I purchased some Distress Resist Spray, so I thought I'd give it a try with the Scribble Roses Stencil.  Remember, you can use my code TJ10Stephanie for 10% off your entire purchase at the Technique Junkies Store (which includes stencils, stamps and other products).


Unfortunately I didn't get quite the resist effect I was hoping for (as the spray dried it seeped under the stencil itself, so I didn't get quite the striking resist I was hoping for).

However, when things don't turn out the way you planned ... there is always Plan B ... which for me was some beautiful Wedding cards.  For the blue one, there was a little residual red ink still on the stencil which seeped into the paper (one of those happy accidents) and then when that ink combined with the Ocean Depth Shimmering Bliss Spray, I got hints of purple peeking through the design.


I added a paper flower, some deconstructed bling flourishes and a lovely Mr. & Mrs. Sentiment from the new Technique Junkies Wedding Wishes Stamp Set.

I decided to stick with the Wedding theme for my second card.  In the picture above, I used some Red Distress Inks direct to paper ... but when I went to assemble my card, the red ink started rubbing off, so I wiped it clean and then used some beautiful Thulian Pink and Harvest Sunset Shimmering Bliss Sprays to achieve this gorgeous background.


I added another great Sentiment from Wedding Wishes, some heart bling and then I *tied the knot* with a piece of wide white ribbon.

Remember, if your first attempt doesn't turn out exactly how you pictured in your mind, there is always Plan B.





2 comments:

Carolyn L said...

Fabulous rebounds, look deliberate and gorgeous!

reeree62 said...

Ohh, my gosh! Incredible cards!!!