Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Card Inspiration | Vintage Butterfly | Sandpaper Road

 


Today, I am pleased to share some card inspiration with everyone! This project was a creative "retreat" for me, as I played with lots of inks and supplies from my stash.

Here's how I created this encouragement card:



Save 10% on your next order at Technique Junkies with the code TJ10ERIN


I started with the "Butterfly Flourish Collage" stamp from Technique Junkies, part of their July 2021 New Release. I'm also using a combination of brown and black Distress Inks and Distress Oxide Inks. A stamping platform is essential for this kind of layered stamping. You can see in the step-by-step photos (below) the order in which I stamped and the ink colors I chose for each layer of stamping. 



Tea Dye Distress Ink

Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide

Vintage Photo Distress Oxide

Black Soot Distress Oxide

Lovely how this looks around the outside!

After I created the background / base, I cut out the stamped image and blended around with a little Tea Dye Distress ink and a foam blending tool. Then, it was on to the fun part...

"Wendy Vecchi Clearly for Art Blackout" by Ranger


In my stash, I had some sheets of "Clearly for Art Blackout". This is a hard material that you can stamp, ink and heat; once heated, the material becomes soft and moldable. After cooling for a few seconds, the material becomes solid again. I have had this in my stash for years, and I especially love it when it comes to stamping butterflies because I can heat and mold the butterfly wings.


I used Archival Ink to stamp the "Better Things" sentiment stamp. Then, I finished off the card with some metal embellishments I had in my stash. It turned out fabulous!






Thank you for looking! Hope you were inspired! 







No comments: