Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Card Inspiration | Encouragement Card Ideas


Looking for encouragement card ideas? Today I am sharing with you two card variations using the “Rain Sentiments Set of 6” stamp set and the new “Rain Stencil” both from Technique Junkies. 

Both the stencil and the sentiments set are part of the September 2021 New Release, which features lots of seasonal items, including autumn and Halloween-themed stamps. But, for as much rain as we have been getting lately, I was inspired to play with the rain-themed stamps and stencil first.


I started with some watercolor cardstock and the rain stencil. I used a bit of Liquitex modeling paste (a really nice texture paste) with a palette knife and created a basic stenciled image.


The texture paste is porous, so I knew that I was really just creating an “embossed” looking background for my card. In other words, if I added sprays or other color, it would color the paper AND the stenciled image as well. Once the paste was dry, I sprayed ONE SPRITZ of Shimmering Bliss (Dolphin Cove) aimed from one corner of the card panel. 



On my craft mat, I mixed some Aladine Izink Ice with some glitter and used a palette knife to push it through the stencil. Once it was dry, I used a circle punch to punch out “raindrop” circles for my card. I used a scrap from an inked background to stamp my sentiment and emboss in white embossing powder. With a black Micron pen, I doodle-outlined the umbrella and my punched circles. As a finishing touch, I drew little circles here and there on the card to complete the “doodling” look. 



For the second card, I really just played around with some of my Shimmering Bliss Sprays… a few colors here and there… red, yellow, brown, just created a nice inky background. When it was dry, I used some Pixie Spray to hold down the rain stencil and then I pushed some brown Izink Ice Glaze through the umbrella. 


I had some leftover glitter glaze from my previous card, so I used that for the raindrops. I added a few pieces of random washi tape, and stamped and die cut the sentiment. Finally, I had some leftover raindrop-punched circles, so I adhered them every here and there and then I inked the edges of the card.


I like the combination of glittery rain against the neutral tones of the rest of the card because it provides a nice contrast.


You can check out a bonus card using the "Rain Stencil" and the Aladine Izink Ice mixed with glitter - watch my latest process video HERE!


Hope these projects inspire you to get creating! Thank you for looking!



1 comment:

StampingJudy said...

Thank you, Erin. Very nice cards and good ideas!